Blog 6

In the “ Coover End of Books,”  I was very intrigued by the ideas and concepts that were demonstrated and explained in just these few pages. Learning about Hypertext and the different components that it may present was truly astonishing. One quote that stuck out to me on page four was “ This is a new kind of fiction, and a new kind of reading. The form of the text is rhythmic, looping on itself in patterns and layers that gradually accrete meaning, just as the passage of time and events does in one’s lifetime.” This quote stuck out to me because not only does it explain this type of literacy but it also goes deeper into the significant meaning behind it.

The reading “The Electronic Book” gave some background information on what books were in history such as silent reading, a book becoming an object, and more. The beginning gave some insight into the different stages presented in history with books and how it was presented. A quote that stuck out to me was on page eighty-eight which states “ When he compared the encyclopedia to a world map, he went to say that “… one can create as many different systems of human knowledge as world maps are having different projections..” This quote stuck out to me because of the alignment of both creating different systems of human knowledge and the world maps.