Ziqi Lin

Hello!

My name is Ziqi (Zee-Key) and my pronouns are she/her. I was not born in United States but in China and moved to NYC when I was 6 years old. My English and grammar are not that great and there are still words that are used professionally in writings that I don’t understand. My writings might be boring since I’m not that good at it but I do enjoy reading stories. My interests are editing and graphic design because I like playing video games and watching anime so I’m always at my computer. I don’t have many NYC activities since I don’t like going outside. One reason is that I’m an introvert and have trouble talking to people that don’t like video games or anime. Another reason is that the friends I had during middle school and high school were all fake so I cut off all connections to them. I do go outside sometimes if it’s to visit my boyfriend, best friend or my family.  I’m nervous about starting college since I’m not a big fan of school due to my past experiences in middle school and high school but I do my best to work hard.

I love both cats and dogs but if I were to choose, I would choose cats. Cats are just like me, doing their own things and minding their own business. The first picture I took was when I went to visit my boyfriend and one of his cat sat in the chair I was sitting after I got off and just stared at me. The picture was also edited into oil painting effect since the original picture wasn’t that good. The second picture was taken when there was a big dinner family at my aunt’s house. I don’t remember when it was taken but that was the last time I had dinner together with my entire family before Covid happened. The last picture is of my designs I made for some people during the pandemic, and the watermarks I put is my name that I use online.

1. Maria Herrera

Hello Ziqi. How are you? Thats a lovely cat. Do you have any pets of your own? Your second picture looked like a wonderful big family meal!! Hopefully now that everything is coming back to normal you could have a big family reunion again. Your designs look awesome! Especially the one where pikachu is napping. 🙂

• Ziqi Lin

Hi Maria! I’m doing okay. Yes that’s a lovely cat xD and I wish I can have pets but sadly I can’t have any at my house :c.

2. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Ziqi,
    The photo of your family dinner is stunning and testifies to an old normal to which many hope to return. I understand what you’re saying about educational experiences, and we’ll be exploring those further in our Unit 1 essay coming up.

Excellent creative language here, including the cat parallel you’re drawing with yourself! Welcome.