Analyzing Graphs – Annalise Cupo

The two graphs I chose to analyze were ā€œTable Wine Volume Share by Colorā€ and ā€œConsumption by Colorā€ in this weekā€™s PowerPoint.Ā  ā€œTable Wine Volume Share by Colorā€ gives us a visual representation of how the percentages of different colors of wine such as red, white, and blush fluctuated over the span of 18 years.Ā  I noticed that red wine was the only wine that increased each of the 4 years that is shown on the graph. Ā Interestingly, the percentage of blush wine began at 34% in 1991 but decreased less than half its original percentage in 2009 when it was only 13%.Ā  White wine seems to be in the middle of this spectrum because although the percentages slightly decreased, they remained in the 40% range out of 100% throughout the 4 years.

In the graph titled ā€œConsumption by Color,ā€ I found it interesting that more red wine was consumed by the younger group of people and more white wine was consumed by the older group of people.Ā  Also in this graph, blush/rose wine appears to have a close tie between the younger and older group as there is only a 1% difference in consumption.