5% of course grade
Visit a retail wine store (a suggested list is on the back of this page). Review the store set-up and analyze the benefits/drawbacks of the store. Compose an essay analyzing the store’s attributes/weaknesses.
Role and Audience:
As a student studying wine you will be in the role of investigator, seeking out a better understanding of various styles of wines. The audience of the paper is anyone interested in visiting a retail wine shop.
- Proper APA format for essays
- Business card or promotional material of the store must be attached to the back of the paper.
- Alternate format: post analysis on OpenLab with link to the retail wine shop.
This assignment will be assessed for the following information:
- Clarity of information communicated and the student’s ability to analyze and interpret the attributes/weaknesses of the wine retail shop.
- Analysis should be 2 pages long and must include (but is not limited to):
- How customer friendly is the layout of the store?
- What regions are highlighted and were they organized and easily identifiable?
- Do they offer a wide price range?
- Recommendation of improvements and why.
- Additional comments.
- What added benefits are available in addition to sales?
- Demeanor of the sales assistants…
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this project, students will be able to:
- recognize fermented beverages and where they are produced;
- discuss wine making methods and wines producing areas;
- recognize and define wine terminology;