Entry 7

For the next two weeks I was presented with a new client to do some work for. My new client was the interim Dean of the School of Professional Studies; Dean Maureen Archer. She was in need for some new signage for the tv monitors in the Academic Building. These signage was to advertise the Dental Hygiene Clinic , as well as the Vision Clinic , both of which was in the Academic Building. After Introducing myself I had set up an appointment with her to get extra information on the project, as well as to find out the purpose and what was the deliverables for the project besides the monitors. Two Thursdays ago, Me and my mentor for the project Phil, met up with her in her office in the Academic building.

The meeting went great , she not only showed us the monitors she wanted the posters to show up on but also she gave us a grand tour of the Dental Hygiene clinic. It was amazing to see al the students work on real people to study. She explained that each student within the Dental Hygiene major was given a cubicle to work on a client and had a professor supervisor to watch over them. A student then joined the tour and spoke on the high tech equipment that they had and that right now their clients were people who had walked in , or clients from a church that a professor knew. They emphasized the need for new clients and the need for student clients. After they spoke on the fact that despite their services being free for students of City Tech, they didn’t get City Tech Students. After they emphasized the overall need to reach the students of City Tech. Once the meeting finished , I got to work on sketched and digital drafts and sent it to the client. She like the final one , however, I had not added color, so I will add color to the drafts and send them to her for feed back once done.