Entry 6

My first Project for the Faculty Commons Internship was to create a poster advertising the Call for papers for the City Tech Writer. The City Tech Writer is an assembly of writing done by the Professors, students and more that is assembled into an issue that can be read by everyone. Any student can submit their writing and work to be in the issue no matter the discipline they are in and no matter their major. The poster asking for work was presented to me during the summer during the training to test one’s ability to create a poster while there was a tight deadline. All the past interns and to go through the same process during the summer. They showed us the past designs and told us to think outside the box. Then we had 3 days to create a poster and finalize it . At the end of the work we were to present to the entirety of the Design Team all the work we’ve done, and all the thought process behind each of the poster designs.

I continued this poster project during the fall semester. It was a long process of trial and error, however the work was finished. Then last week during a status meeting I was approached to create a web banner advertising the City Tech Writer, to be presented on the City Tech Website and on the Faculty Commons website. A status meting is basically a meeting filling out the team about all the work you have done over the week. I was ecstatic to work on it and had to find time to manage that project with all the new projects that I was working on.