8th Journal Entry

Week 8

This week I received the feedback from my supervisor for the previous assignment. She told me the previous design is interesting. However, since it is designed for light box, it has to be brighter. So I go back try to fixed it base on my original design. I try many different way to brighten the background and the crab leg, but it doesn’t really meet my expectation. Eventually, I found out the problem is the background. After I changed the background and put effect onto it, I also select another color font for legibility. Here is before and after.

Flaming Flaming(Finish)

The rest of the day I had to work on Excel putting all contact information of the connecting companies into an Excel file. There are about 200 of them. That was a boring day, and my eyes were hurt.  I finished it up by the end of the day. And I do a little over time to typed an article for an artist biography in Chinese.

Below is a portion of the article:

Interpretation of the artist Yaping Dong’s “Status” series of abstract works Yaping Dong’s art works, she always puts herself fully into her works by looking for the truth with her heart, her art works use dissociated and free lines that delve freely into the shadow land. She conveys her feelings in her artworks to make her audience think about the spirit world.

解讀女藝術家董亞萍的

《狀態》系列抽象作品

藝術家董亚萍,總是于現實之中,五味六舉,以心養性,看照真實,游離虛幻之境。其作品整體揭示他追求自我自由,以線為宗構勒無形萬象,于靜中持心靈不變包含天之道、人之道在自我、在家庭、在社會、在當下之中的深刻描繪,引起觀眾靈屬的思考。