Self analysis

I’ve always known nursing was the career choice for me. That altruistic feeling when making sure the client is satisfied, comfortable and safe is one of the best feelings I have been experiencing since working as a registered nurse. The nursing program was the most difficult obstacles faced in my life due to the extensive amount of studying to pass each nursing course. I faced the program without knowing how difficult it was to stay and finish. There is no ounce of regret going into nursing because I absolutely love what I do as a nurse and my experiences continue to shape me into the motivated and intelligent person that I am today. As a pre-nursing student, the school was done in a mediocre way to pass at the minimum guideline. Once accepted into the program, I was grateful to be accepted into a CUNY nursing program right before I was going to send applications to private nursing schools. I have not done so much studying in my entire life over the course of 2.5 years, I completed my Associate’s degree of Nursing in December 2017. I’m extremely proud of what I have accomplished so far as an RN and the first in my family to graduate with a college degree. My strongest is the trust and respect for all clients without discriminating based on their gender, sexual orientation, religion, culture, class, age, race, color, disability or national origin. This course has definitely taught me a lot of important issues within the nursing profession. Learning the importance of the nursing shortage has gotten me to give more than to the clients but to future nurses. The decision to enrol in a master’s program for nursing education was made this year when teaching new nurses was a new fulfilment in my nursing career.