Lower Manhattan Tour

Ā  Ā  Ā The field trip to me was a new perspective of the Lower Manhattan area. I been to Lower East Manhattan many times, every time Ā I travel to the place. I just felt like the place was too crowded, many tourists and office workers around there. As I know, in that area there are many attractions to visit. At first, we met in front of the Staten Island ferry entrance. Ā And then we walked to a church name Shire of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton that crosses the street. The church used to be the home of Elizabeth Ann Seton. Elizabeth Ann Seton was the first American born Ā  Ā Fraunces Tavern Museum & Restaurant is an interesting attraction to visit. Professor mentioned about in the past George Washington situated its headquarter in this place. It is a museum with dining restaurant, the museum is located on the second floor and the restaurant is located on the first floor. The floor is made of wood, when you came into the building step on the floor you can hear the sounds of stepping the floor, it is a sign that the building is historical. The fee of the museum only cost $7 for adults, $4 for senior, children, and student, and free for the children that under 5 years old. Ā I did not have a chance to visit the museum this time. I definitely would visit next time.

Ā  The most interesting part on the trip was the Trinity Church. Trinity Church is a beautiful church that with gothic style. It reminded me the place of the Green-Wood Cemetery. In my culture, we never visited a cemetery as an attraction. We only go to the cemetery on a certain period of date which is the Qingming festival. I donā€™t know why in my culture they believe in this way. When we visited the cemetery of Trinity Church, I felt the cemetery was consecrated to memory the important person. I think Chinese culture should adopt this concept, to be more open to that the people can show their respect. When we went to the National 911 Memorial & Museum, I heard one visitor said; ā€œIt is kind of sad.ā€ The movement of the water that blash reminded me of the sadness of losing families and friends. I liked the way that they put roses on the memorial.

Ā  Overall, it was a great experience.The information that the professor provided was informative I never knew that Lower Manhattan was the start of the place of the immigrant.I had learned about the Lower Manhattan area history from professor. I think the history of Lower East is very important to the Hospitality.