Clinical Experience

During my time at CityTech, I had the opportunity to encounter patients with many different types of cases. I learned how to create treatment plans according to the needs of the patient and to make necessary adjustments along the way. Click on the links below to read about specific cases and the treatment that was rendered: 

Journal #1      Journal #2

This patient presented with a fibroma on the left buccal mucosa. A fibroma is a mass of connective tissue that usually grows in response to trauma or localized irritation. This patient developed a fibroma from repeatedly biting the area.

fibroma 2        fibroma1

This patient presented with generalized heavy calculus with Type II perio. His chief complaint was having bad breath and bleeding while brushing. Probing depths were 2-5mm and heavy bleeding occurred during scaling. After OHI, this patient agreed to switch to an electric toothbrush. He purchased a Oral-B Vitality from the clinic and left knowing how to maintain his oral health.

before-after

This patient came into the clinic concerned about his tongue. He reported that the red area had became gradually bigger in the past couple of months. No trauma was involved and he was not experiencing any pain. According to the appearance of his tongue and his symptoms, I informed him about geographic tongue. He was relieved to hear that it is a harmless condition resulting from missing papillae.

geographic tongue