First of all, thank you Professor Spevack for your knowledge and patience with the class. I am grateful to have had you this semester, and to have learned so many new things about the artistic world around me. I have learned so many new fancy art words, new ways to look at figures and colors, and new ideas & concepts, which has changed my perception of how to think and use detail, how to assemble a project, and how to use new art tools.

For this project, we were taught how to use colors together—proportionally—in comparison to our last project, where we used colors to compare.

Phase 1 had us looking for progression of colors in nature or within our immediate surroundings. I used the manga books on my bookcase, and got the chance to re-admire the artwork of my older books. Phase 2 was were the extra fun part starts; we captured the colors of an image and created a lengthy title for a rectangle of colors (proportional color inventory). I really enjoyed this part of the project, I even said out loud, “I could do this all day!”

Phase 3 — though optional, it deserves to be done. I created a natural scenery using the same proportions of my image from phase 2. It made me really think on how to execute this piece using the same amount of color as the inventory created.

Through this project, I’ve learned new colors (which is always awesome) and a new way to see a change between colors and shade (black) or tint (white).

*Added note: All this work and creative designing has rekindled my love for art. Thank you!!