Predominately light

The predominantly light was from the classroom floor across from our class. I saw how the left side of the building, was also giving off great lighting  on the floor.  Creating highlight all across the floor with very light shadows trailing throu.  Once changed to grayscale it became a broad range of light gray achromatic value.  The contrast the brightness of the highlight, is the hierarchy of the smooth detailed floor.  Reminds me of a bright early morning after someone pulls the curtains back.

Predominately dark

The predominantly dark figure is the paper mobile in the back of the classroom. I really liked the geometric shape of a diamond split in two. When I altered the photo, and filtered it to grayscale, it created a narrow range of low key black and gray hues. The left side of the object  has a highlight from the sunlight shining from the window. It also gives off a blurry glare at the bottom. The hightlight makes the shiny triangle the focal point. The right side has a shadow that extends with the object being against a gray wall on a chromaic value. The image is sheek giving off a sense of relaxation.  It’s bright on one side an dark on the other.  It looks like it can be a shield of some sort.

This took me 1  1/2 hrs