Anomaly

Anomaly is the third agency that I have visited but is the first agency that I have visited that is more heavily impacted with design.When it came to an AHA moment, I had many. An AHA moment is that I had was that they work with many different companies and they have many designers who are working in different projects for the companies. Instead of the entire agency doing just one project for one company.

A new Terminology that I learned was how Anomaly came to be and the actual meaning of Anomaly. The meaning of Anomaly is a deviation or departure from common order and form. Which is great for their company because the name is a high standard for their design and their company was not about an ego. The founders of Anomaly, Charles Johnson and Jason Delan, just had an idea and Philosophy.

A new thing that I learned about before the trip was about all the minor and especially the major companies that Anomaly has worked for such as Converse, Budweiser, Beats, Youtube, Google and much more. I also did not know that Anomaly was voted best agency in 2017, which is amazing.

Remembering about the first class trip in the NY Daily News and the recent class trip to Anomaly, I can honestly see myself working in a company more like Anomaly. I love the environment and the “home feel” Anomaly. I love that they are more visually, graphically design impacted. The designs that they have shown are beautiful, consistent, and very visual. I can see myself working as a Designer and maybe even an Art Director within a company like Anomaly.

Something else that I found interesting was that  some of the products that exist, Anomaly was part of the doing and creation. Like the lip balm called eos. Anomaly created the entire idea, design and packaging of eos. Another product that Anomaly has created was for the company HMBLDT. They came up with a pen-like gadget, which looks very cool and interesting. It is something that has never been made before.