Chris Caruso: An Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Christopher Caruso, and this is my third semester at NYCCT. I am currently an Industrial Design major expecting to graduate in the spring of 25′ and so far, so good!

My interest in science fiction started in the early 90’s with all of the leftover 1980’s cartoons floating around and a heavy influence from my father’s 60’s and 70’s upbringing. Thunderbirds and Thundercats morphed into Power Rangers and comic books, graduating to novels and films. I have been reading much more than viewing in the last couple years and am currently about halfway through Fred Saberhagen’s “BERZERKER” novels from the late 60’s onward. If you guys are interested in futuristic “man vs machine” types from mid-century, please do yourself a favor and look into this series..

After graduation, I would like to eventually have my own small-scale manufacturing and custom machining/fabricating business. Starting off, I would like to land myself in a product design position and/or machining parts/products. The ID field had seemingly endless applications in modern marketing, and I would like to bring some of the traditional manual ways back into major production. As full automation is now the standard in manufacturing machining, there is still a certain quality of finish and work that speaks for itself when the eyes, hands, and brain all work together with these older machines and techniques and that is something I have always kept as a standard in my own personal projects.

One Response to Chris Caruso: An Introduction

1. Interesting stuff. Thanks!