Work Culture at LMCC

Home office during quarantine (Image: Unsplash)

The culture at LMCC is quite relaxed and the attire is informal which makes me realize that I will never want to work for a company where I’m forced to dress in a certain way, not be comfortable with my tattoos/piercings and hide expressive parts of my personality. I used to work for a corporate company before enrolling back in school and being forced to dress a certain way and act very modest was very uncomfortable for me. I believe that what should count are the skills and the dedication of an individual, not how she/he dresses.

My typical day at LMCC is a 5-6 hour working day, twice a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays. Although I might be entitled to take a lunch break, I almost never do since I’m usually very busy with projects and daily tasks.

Author: Salome Mindiashvili

Hi there! My name is Salome, but people usually call me Sal. I am a young professional with experience in graphic design, advertising, and digital marketing. Currently, I am working on a degree in Communication Design to pursue my lifelong passion in the art of marketing and digital communications. My fascination with visual communications and the digital world started at the age of 13 when I launched Adobe Photoshop for the first time. I was previously interested in digital photography and the fact that I could modify or completely change the reality of my photos with the help of the program greatly excited me. Over time as I learned more about the importance of visuals and good design, I started reading books about marketing, branding, and color theory. At this point, I had already dropped out as an economics major from University in Bulgaria and was living in New York ā€“ one of the most inspiring cities in terms of many things, including great designs & history. During my first few years in New York, while I was still trying to settle in the city, I was rigorously working in many types of jobs. At the same time, I was focusing on and planning for my goal, which was a formal education in the field of visual communications. Six years after leaving Bulgaria and five years since moving to New York, here I am, pursuing my lifelong passion! My interest in the field has only gotten stronger with time, and now that I have made it this far, Iā€™m ready to learn as much as possible and enjoy the process of this opportunity as well.