PROJECT #4 – F2M – STUDENT APARTMENT

WHAT I LEARN?

As a Technical Director, I learn about Team work, communication, time limit, tree prototype. Solving problems in walls construction.

Prototype and sample materials. To solve the problem about the tree location, in our project, we select to make a tree sample behind window in wall G. The test was great. I learned that we can make a tree by making only the tree branches behind the wall. I found branches in the close to the highway. I brough it into the college. Later, as a team, we used a window wall in the shop and we install the branches in a 2×4 x 9’ lumber with clips. Later, we join the branches with 2×4 lumber using staples. Finally, we join the 2×4 lumber with the wall, and the effects of tree worked.

We also planed to install a cyc behind the wall is order to work with the light effect. Also, it is important to put a black fabric behind the cyc to avoid that the audience see the actors walking behind the scenery.

Jacks. To solve the problem in how some walls can be stand up firm, we decided to build 10’-0” jacks, located in WALL B, F, Q & R. Also, we decided to built 4  9′-0″ jacks for the two cyc frames.

Rolling wall – C. To solve the problem in rolling wall C, we decided to draw a track in wall B. The track will be 19′-7 1/4″ long, with a 10′ 2×7 lumber at the end in order to support the track at the end of it. This lumber, also to stop the wall C and align it to wall D.

The wall C in the bottom will have casters and behind wall Q, we will install a rail of 9′-4-1/2″  1×3 lumber in order to maintain wall C direction. See drawings.

Curtain track. In order to solve the problem about the curtain track we decided to buy:

RECMAR 4108 Bendable I Beam Curtain Track – 8 Feet

RECMAR 4144 I Beam Curtain Track Wall Bracket (2/bag). It will be join behind wall N.

SCRIPT

MODEL FROM THE PROFESSOR

TREE PROTOTYPE

HOME DEPOT VISIT FOR WINDOWS SAMPLES