Internship: Webinar 2

Introduction to Brand Talks was the name of the Webinar. Some of the topics that were discussed was diversity and inclusion, branding and the behind the scenes production. It began with the host of the webinar who happened to be the SVP of Marketing at Monotype, Alice Palmer. Some of the speakers include Global Director of Brand Identity and Design Steffi Marty. Kristie Malivindi, Design Director, Jones Knowles Ritchie. The company and sponsors are Monotype which is the name of the website the webinar was casted. The takeaway I got from the webinar was the various marketing and changes companies are making to have a more diverse and inclusive team. For instance the changing of iconic M&M characters and the changing of the type face to a more friendly and inclusive font. To recap my opinion and thoughts on the webinar, I thought it was interesting to see the subtle changes within already known brands to have a more inclusive background. Prior to this webinar there was a gap in my understanding as to why changes were made within the M&M corporation, so finally bridging that gap was satisfying.

-Company Research (M&M)

The company has been around since 1941. They’ve gone through various redesigns and products.