Internship: app review – Miro

The the design app I will be reviewing today is called Miro. Miro is a visual collaboration white board. It can be used for group projects as it acts as a digital white board allowing access to all members to text, insert images and collaborate all in one space. To test the application I wanted to first use the application myself to explore the functionalities and how user friendly it truly is. Upon first impressions it seems to be very straight forward relatively simple with clear visual icons for text and insertion of images if needed. After getting the lay of the land for myself I decided to asked a couple of friends to join me so I can immerse group functionalities. At the start everything seemed to be going well but after a while when everyone started to add their own text and images it became a bit cluttered and hard to tell who was who. The program color coats and highlights each individuals name to allow tracking, but with so much going on it can get difficult if not organized. Additionally the program became a bit slow as things piled on. Overall I thing the concept of having a digital whiteboard in our time of all things technology is great, but there could definitely be ways of including a more smooth user experience. Such as possibly having different work rooms. I would rate the application 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Miro Boards for Virtual Collaborations · CITLS · Lafayette College