Philosophy of Nursing Practice

My philosophy of nursing has been my philosophy of life for as long as I can remember. Helping others has always brought me more happiness than materialistic gains.  This is why I chose to join the nursing field—to use my ability to empathetically care for others to provide holistic and culturally sensitive care. Jean Watson’s 10 carative factors, “forming humanistic-altruistic value systems, instilling faith-hope, cultivating a sensitivity to self and others, developing a helping-trust relationship, promoting an expression of feelings, using problem-solving for decision-making, promoting teaching-learning, promoting a supportive environment, assisting with gratification of human needs, and allowing for existential-phenomenological forces,” (Jean Watson, 2016) has been the foundation of how I strive to deliver care for clients. My role as a nursing leader, patient advocate, and educator plays a tremendous part in ensuring positive patient outcomes. This is accomplished by my life-long commitment to learning new evidence-based practices that improve my nursing knowledge and skills.

Jean Watson – Nursing Theorist. (2016). Retrieved February 17, 2018, from http://nursing-theory.org/nursing-theorists/Jean-Watson.php