Here is your reading assignment for over the week-end — a chapter written by Donald Murray called “Internal Revision.” You can find it on our READINGS page, but I will also include the link here. I will expect you to have read it from pages 74- the top of page 82 by Monday before class. During class, you can read the rest of it and annotate it. It prints in very small font. I apologize for that.

In your notebook, start a heading called “Reading: Donald Murray” and the date and “Written Reflection” and then please respond with your comments and thoughts on what you just read. I would like you to also answer the following: Do you agree with Murray that revision is the best part of writing? What did Elie Wiesel say? What is “uncalculated discovery”? What is the difference between “internal” and “external” revision as Murray sees them? Do you think, after reading so far, that you are willing to do re-writes?

I will post soon again with info on our one-on-one conferences and other issues. Good work, class!