The diary I chose to read was the “Diary of a wimpy Kid”, because it was always a favorite of mine when I was a kid plus I have a big collection of the books starting from the first one till the 7th then I skipped over to the 10th one since my little brother was still in elementary school at the time so I wanted to revisit my childhood. I really liked it since Greg Heffley the main character of the book thought like me once. I’m kind of humorous and at one point I did start my own diary since I didn’t like to do chores before my mom would just let me write in it but that failed since I stopped after like two weeks writing into it. But overall I liked the story as he talked about his school, personal and friendship life about himself nailing all the topics and getting straight to the point without making long sentences.
The format of the diary I chose to write was similar to diary of a wimpy kid as he had the day of each day he wrote entries on and separated it by months which is pretty smart because you save time from writing your setting, the time and etc. But what I did was the opposite, I wrote with the location I was in, the time, the month, day and started off with “dear diary” for every first entry. But as I went through the book I realized that it’s actually easier than it looks and I shouldn’t have to make diary entries harder or more difficult then it should be.

In the beginning of the diary Greg mentions that once he becomes famous he wouldn’t want to answer so many questions from his fans so making his diary which initially was supposed to be a “journal”, would help people understand him throughout his life. This may inspire my diary as it is filled up with me. Everyone is different in their own ways so I feel like if everyone was to make diary’s then you could tell a lot about a person without having to see them actually in person.