If I had read “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” when I was in middle school, I would have enjoyed my English class so much. The pictures and Illustrations of what Greg Heffley drew in his diary to give the readers a sense of what he was writing about seemed interesting to me. Before he starts writing he wrote, “TO MOM, DAD, RE, SCOTT, AND PATRICK” and this shows that he was writing this diary as a letter for those people as he describes that it was his mom’s idea not his. He seemed carefree about what he was writing which is like a new thing I’m visualizing about how my writing would sound if I didn’t put too many thoughts into it.

I like how Greg uses a humorous tone in his writing, it doesn’t make me feel bored while reading his personal diary. His writing style inspires me to make my diaries less emotional and more entertaining for the readers to enjoy it. His diary seems to be his experience during middle school, and he talks about his experiences with girls which were kind of funny and sounded like those experiences you witness in movies. Greg talks about how his brother tricked him to go to school at 3 am in the morning for his first day back to school after summer vacation. I can relate to that because, in the past, my siblings pulled a lot of pranks on me and in the end,  I was the one that got in trouble.

I really enjoyed reading “Diary of a wimpy kid”. It was really entertaining, and it reminded me of some childhood memories. I wished I started writing diaries at an early age so I can express how I really felt during middle school days. This reading really inspired me to put some humor into my writings to make it appealing to the reader.