Hi Class,

It is WEEK 5 (a short one, due to yet another holiday), and, you have a Capstone Assignment coming up (due Feb 28), so I am not giving you any new homework. Just check your WEEK 4 Folder if you need a refresher on what’s due.

That said, I do want to make a couple of important points before the week-end.

One: whenever you have an assignment due, and are struggling, please still come to class. Don’t think that not coming to class will help you. If you ever need an extension, you should write to me. See my “policy on late papers” in our Syllabus. Attendance, and keeping up, is way more important.

Two: speaking of what’s coming up, we are entering Unit 2 next week. I will be giving you more readings (everything should already be loaded into our COURSE READINGS page, so you probably won’t have to buy anything), and tasking you with some cool research methods and searches. We will be thinking about POE (“points of entry”) and POV (“point of view”) when we read. In fact, I will be showing you some new ways of reading, period.

Think about some things you might like to research or learn more about. Let me know. I’m receptive. The Unit is still young.

Have a beautiful week-end.

P.S. If anyone is still not on OpenLab, needs to register for OpenLab, or needs any other kind of support, please reach out to the Student Success Center, as I mentioned in a previous post.