Words to Change Our World with Prof. Sarah Schmerler

1st assignment

My word would have to be curious. I simply just love experiencing new things!  However, learning wise I would still prefer physical learning rather than through a screen, knowing myself I work better in a classroom environment being person to person with my professors and classmates compared to here at home it may be distracting sometimes, although I love the fact that I get to stay home with my dog, Fluffy. The moment I found myself realizing I forgot to change the calendar hanging in my room from the past months since May, I was hit with a sudden feeling of being on the edge realizing 3 months flew by like nothing and college classes were only a few days away! I was always super eager to know what this new life chapter college has set for me. To me having a connection with teachers and classmates was always something I enjoyed having in school and I am hoping to be able to get that connection with everyone in this class too, despite the situation!

The picture I chose for this assignment is a baby picture of me, the reason I chose this is because I feel that it pushes me to be better and succeed knowing that the baby me would be proud of me seeing how far I’ve made it already.

1. Karla Franco

Hi Ashley!

I love the idea of using your younger self to inspire you and push you to succeed! It’s always motivating to see your past self and want to do better. I’m sure you’re making your younger self prouder every day, especially during times like this. p.s I also love getting to stay home every day with my dog who also happens to be half shih tzu.

2. Melannie

Reading this made me wish I had a pet. Maybe I would be more eager to stay home. I also hope that we get to build connections with everyone even if we aren’t interacting face to face.