Jovon Cheddar                                                                              2/16/21

Quote 1

Just last week I was walking down the street with my mother and I again found myself conscious of the English I was using the English I do use with her. (page 1)

Reflection

I agree with what she is saying since that happen to me to when I am talking to other people I feel self-conscious the reason why is that stutter when I am talking and that is the reason why I say that I agree with what she say and I sometimes feel that way when I hear myself on video and get worry with what people going to think on how I speak in real life if I am on video or not sometimes that happen.

Quote 2

Lately I been giving more thought to the kind of English my mother speaks like other I have described it to people as broken or fractured English but I wince when I say that. (Page 2)

Reflection

I agree with what she saying since that would be rude to people who is not born in a country that speaks English at all but limited English and when they come over to a country that speaks English they get make fun of and when they hurt there feels and make them feel self-conscious when they talk now and would not like to talk because of that. That happen to me once since people like to ask me to repeat what I said which would me bad about the why talk.

Quote 3

Fortunately I happen to be rebellious in nature and enjoy the challenge of disproving assumptions mode about me. (Page 3)

Reflection

I agree even if your English is not the best and people are saying that you should not go for a English you should be rebellious and go do what you want to in life like for example when Amy tan people were saying that she should go to account management she stuck to what she wanting to do and that was doing English major no matter what if people say to you cannot do it didn’t listen to them.

Quote 4

Apart from what any critic had to say about my writing I knew I had succeeded where it counted when my mother finished reading my book and gave me her verdict “ so easy to read” (page 4)

Reflection

I really enjoy how the mother say so easy to read since she is really not a critic for her please and not some other people who are critic with person who matter the most to her with work that she made with her mother being able to read it which nice thing since it most be in her mother language and that means some much to her since what she be though her life she in happy with the language that she has learn with person that matter the most in life in.