The New Life

There was a time when things were regular. The air was semi-breathable, there was visible facial appearance, the streets were full and wander free. Life was regular, at ease. Leaving my apartment at 8:30 AM and arriving early was my thing. Despite being exhausted, I felt determined. Sitting with friends in class and learning at a desk was typical. Being in my usual learning space was a little easier. Getting the assistance I needed physically was a big help because it was right in my face. I wish I had used this help at greater advantage than I did. It was there a day, then the next it was absent. A change was intruding Earth in full-length.

Accepting a new chapter, the PANDEMIC. It all happened in a flash. It was definitely a rude awakening and I was hurt by the fact that we were in quarantine. It felt like we were trapped. We had a new life with new demands that were necessary in keeping us safe. Yet, it affected many individuals financially, mentally, and physically. Will life ever be the same? The mask,  latex hand-wear, and staying inside has became the everyday drill. It is sad that we must quarantine and the things that excite us are limited. Many businesses and academies have been shut since the pandemic, resulting in less active students and staff. Students have been attending classes, still, by camera. 

It’s nearly been a year since the pandemic started. At this time in life, I have adapted this new lifestyle. I understand that we must live like this until it is believably safe. Changes are typical and take time. Every thing still feels awkward, but things are gradually being determined as time flies. Will life ever be the same? Until then, I shall take great safety measures and save myself against this fight with the spreading disease.