Photo for Essay # 3

This photo is a picture of a six-Macaron gift box from MacarOn Cafe on west 36th Street near Time Square. Marcarons are french dessert made with egg whites, almond powder, confectioners’ sugar, and food coloring and stuffed with different favor fillings in the middle, like Oreo cookies. I took this photo on Monday, September 17 when school was closed for Rosh Hashanah. It was my first time going to MacarOn Cafe and I went with my boyfriend, Henry. Henry and I was mesmerized with all the different colors and favors of the macarons at the cafe and had some difficulties choosing only six of them. The cafe had the macarons organized on a wide clear counter shelve with three columns from the lightest color, a creamy vanilla to the darkest color, a dark chocolate. In the end we decided on the Rose, Blackberry, Passion Fruit, Honey Lavender, Lemon, and Raspberry favors. In this photo, I had my camera focused on the bag with MacarOn Cafe on it and the first three macarons because I wanted to put emphasize on the three most appealing color macarons I found in the cafe-which is a strawberry-pink, a sparkly gray, and a yellow mustard color.

One Response to Photo for Essay # 3

1. Great photo and description. I approve.