The Change In NYC Due to Coronavirus

After I heard the news about the cases of Coronavirus in NYC, I noticed that not that many people are going outside. During this pandemic, I remember when I had to get eggs and milk from the grocery store, I saw there was a lot of customers. This was when people were buying all their essential stuff, so they don’t have to go outside anytime soon. I have not seen that much people in a grocery store in a while.

As I find out about the increase in the number of cases in NYC, I then observed that less people are outside, whether it be at the grocery store or somewhere that is important. The government, Andrew Cuomo had ordered to close all gyms, casinos, and movie theaters, while restaurants can only provide takeout food.

When I found out about my favorite sports, like Basketball and Soccer games that are getting postponed or cancelled, I felt devastated. Later on, I understood that it was best for the sports community to do what is best. Also after hearing about the few NBA players who has been tested positive for the virus, I took into consideration. I realized that I have to be patient and wait for the NBA and the soccer games to continue when all this is over.

For the distance learning or the online classes, I realized that most teachers or professors been using the Zoom meeting app. I don’t know the particular reason for it, but I like it. I think this app is the best way to communicate through the face cam, so that you can see and hear whoever’s talking or participating in the activity. At first it was weird and all, but now I think I’m getting the hang of this quarantine situation.

One thought on “The Change In NYC Due to Coronavirus”

1. It is sad that so many things have been cancelled due to the virus. The sports thing that I was most shocked about is the Olympics! They moved the Summer Olympics that were supposed to be this July to 2021! It makes sense given what is going on, but it must be so disappointing for all those athletes who have been training– they just had to add another year of really intense training to their lives.