Who is Cinderella?

In the literary piece “There Was Once”  by Marget Atwood, Atwood describes a dialogue between a storyteller and a reader (second speaker). As the storyteller was telling the story of Cinderella the “reader” demands to make changes to the first line of the story.The speaker questions the story tellers motive and expailns how such a simple sentence can effect and influence many people. Atwood sugests that the storyteller is a male in the literary piece it states  “midde ages men are like –, Hey ,just a minute I’m a middle aged–” This plays a segnificate role in how the story is told. Being that the storyteller is male it changes the meaning of some words what  does he mean by beautiful, as the speaker discussed in this piece is Cinderella short ,fat ,black,white red?I Since this story is told in a males point of view words like evil, and beautiful may be different from a women definition of evil and beautiful. I think what the speaker is trying to explain in this piece is that in a story such as Cinderella everything will be over analyzed but its readers. I’m not a Psychcolgy major but I have took any corusres on the subject. In one of the cousres we discuss how the story of Cinderella molds the mind of children and or readers. This story paints a picture for the child/reader and generalized women and stepmothers. That is what I think the speaker was trying to explain to the story teller .