This summer was a little bit uneventful due to Covid going around. However, there was one good thing that came out of this: I got to spend time with family. Around June, I got to spend time in the park for my brother’s birthday. It was June 13th and he turned 13 years old. My uncle, aunt and cousin came over and we spent time in the park. We had a little pizza party/picnic in the park, and we had a lot of fun. Not only that, but I spent some time getting back into shape by doing some workouts at home which was a lot of fun. I ended up stopping for a little bit since things got a little bit busy, but I plan to go back into it soon. I want to try and get back into shape not just because I want to make myself feel good but because I want to improve my overall health as a person. Other than those two things there was not anything else that has been eventful during this entire summer as far as I am concerned. I just wish I could have done a little bit more this summer.

I am not exactly sure if I have a favorite of the stories that we have read so far. I wasn’t exactly a fan of most of the stories at the time I wasn’t really opening my mind up to the idea of gothic literature so I kept myself very limited in terms of my thoughts for each of the stories. Now that I had a chance to think it over, I enjoyed the Black Cat because it seems super simple but at the same time it has a lot of deeper meaning to it. I enjoyed most of the symbolism that the story had to offer and I enjoyed the hidden messages behind it.