This summer was definitely an interesting one to say the least, I was planning on going to Mexico City to see my family members but couldn’t because of obvious reasons. But it wasn’t all that bad as my brother’s boss gave me a temporary job by helping him move out and move in to his new house in Long Island. It felt great helping him and his wife settle into their new home, it was a good workout for me since the gyms were closed and I definitely needed the money and was grateful to them for giving me an employment opportunity (especially during these times)  and a chance to get out of the city. Looking back at my summer, I am actually kind of glad that I did not go to Mexico because I did not have to spend my money on traveling for this year. This also applies to my other family members as well since they were also planning on going too.

After reading both “The Tell-Tale Heart” and “The Yellow Wallpaper” it is clear that both of the main characters suffer from a mental illness of some sort. They also share the same idea of despising something (the eye in “The Tell-Tale Heart”, and wallpaper in “The Yellow Wallpaper”) and how the only way to solve their madness would be by getting rid of it. Between the two stories, I liked both stories but if I had to choose one story I would choose  “The Tell-Tale Heart” over “The Yellow Wallpaper” because it had a more ominous feel to it when reading, especially the 2 videos that we saw in the class (mainly the 2nd one). The way the main character described the actual wallpaper color as a disgusting color and comparing it to a fungus, intrigued me for some reason.