Dear ENG2400 Students:

Greetings, and welcome to ENG2400: Film from Literature. I am your instructor, Prof. Sean Scanlan, and I look forward to working with you this semester.

Our first class is Monday, August 29 from 2:30-3:45. I want to let you all know some important information about our online course:

1–Our class is IN-PERSON. This which means that we have set meeting days and times, and all students are expected to attend every class.

2–We meet each class from 2:30 to 3:45pm in Namm 602A.

3–I will take attendance for each class, so please try to be on time.

4–Please note that my email is sscanlan@citytech.cuny.edu (please use your City Tech email to contact me).

HOMEWORK: These two tasks are due before class on Wednesday, August 31 

1–Sign up for OpenLab and join my class (I’ll provide directions on Monday’s class)

2–Please fill out the First Week Questionnaire — see below.

3–Read the short story “Healthy Start” by Etgar Keret. This story, and our other readings, is in the Readings menu tab. Scroll to the bottom to find the story. And in your notes (either a physical notebook or on your digital device) write down: main characters, setting, narration style (first, second, or third person), basic plot (what happens in the beginning, middle, and end of the story), the main messages, and…did you like this essay?–Why or why not? Students will not turn in this homework; it is meant for discussion.

Best wishes,

Prof. Scanlan

First Week Questionnaire for ENG2400