Introducing Andy Diaz

I am a CST major because video games have been the essence of my entertainment for so long. I hope to work in software engineering for a game company. I am well versed in a medley of topics and probably should be an english major based on my grades. I don’t know about grade expectations but based on my track record I don’t expect more than a B. If I do however increase my gpa to a certain level, I will look into transferring.

This entry was posted in Introduce yourself. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Introducing Andy Diaz

1. Bryan Tinjaca says:

PC, PS4, XBOX? lol j/k
    Video games are great if you look at the progress made from retro gaming the strides are incredible. So much advancement in processor cores and graphic cards have really opened a world of unlimited possibilities. Good luck in gaming.

2. Jose Betance says:

Good luck in software engineering and this class should not discourage you from success.

-Jose

3. Kate Poirier says:

Hi Andy. Here’s a thing I’ve never said before and might never say again: Don’t worry about your grades! In the big picture, your job is to pursue the things that you are most passionate about, and pursue them fiercely. Learn as much as you possibly can. If making video games is your ultimate goal, then I think you’re in the right place. Just keep working really really hard!

Now I’ll say the thing I usually say to my students: Worry about your grades! Good grades can keep doors open for you, so they can be really really important down the line. Learn as much as you possibly can…and just keep working really really hard!

• Kate Poirier says:

By the way, I don’t know any details, but Professor Lansiquot in the English department teaches an interdisciplinary course called, “Programming Narratives: Computer Animated Storytelling,” which sounds like it might appeal to you.