My Mathematical Histories – Ashley Dunlap

20131211_081419

Hi, my name is Ashley. I’m 18 years old and this is my second year at City Tech. I’ve lived in Brooklyn my whole life. I am a Liberal Arts & Sciences major, but I hope to transfer to a SUNY college to major in Adolescence Education specifically for Mathematics and English.

As you might be able to tell, I really enjoy math. I originally enrolled in this class when it was an Honors Calculus class. Throughout my entire life, I have always liked math but as I got older it got harder and required more attention. Around my junior year in high school I gave up on it, and eventually ruled it out of my college plans. In my first semester at City Tech I took Professor Murray’s Pre-Calc class and it helped me find my love for the subject again. When Professor Poirier offered the option of the Honors class I didn’t take it last Spring, but when I saw her at a school event and she asked me again, I realized there was no way I could avoid this class. I hope to work towards an A throughout the semester.

This entry was posted in Mathematical Histories. Bookmark the permalink.