Multimodal Project and Author’s Statement

Pasang Lama

Prof. Cipriani 

ENG 1211

May 18, 2021

How to stop Asian Hate?

The Author/Artist’s Statement:

My multi modal project is about stopping Asian hate. The genre is a poster / infographic . The intended audience for this poster / infographic is everyone but considering the design of my poster it is more suited for a younger audience , gen z and millennials. The purpose of this is to raise awareness of what’s happening to the Asian American and Pacific Islanders ( AAPI) community. The audience should feel educated and understand what is happening. They should want to help out as much as they can.

I chose this genre of a poster/ infographic because I actually read a lot of these myselfs. During the black lives matter movement I read many of these posters / infographics . They looked beautiful , they were concise , easy to understand and easy to share and spread around. I grew up with this type of genre and because I was always surrounded by this type of genre I was more inclined to choose it. I am a part of the AAPI community and seeing my type of people hurting makes me want to raise awareness. I hope my poster/infographic educates and inspires others to make a change.