John Greenleaf Whittier and Mother Teresa and me

Two poems that I enjoy reading is “Don’t Quit” by John Greenleaf Whittier and “Do It Anyway” by Mother Teresa. I enjoy reading John Greenleaf Whittier’s poem “Don’t Quit” because it teaches me to never give up on anything even if it seems very difficult and that you might not succeed. The author includes multiple struggle situation that people often faces in the poem to make people know that they can’t just see a common challenge and then stop moving forward. When I first reading his poem, I empower by his word because it makes me feel that everything is possible if you didn’t quit. I enjoy reading Mother Teresa’s poem “Do It Anyway” because it has a similar meaning as “Don’t Quit”. It teaches me to do everything no matter if there is a difficult situation that it comes with or as a result. The author includes some scenes that can happen in people’s lives and things that can make them stop their actions. But the poem wants you to just continue to do what you were doing since it was your path, not others.

2 thoughts on “John Greenleaf Whittier and Mother Teresa and me”

1. Hi Yan Tao. The title of your poems caught my attention. I agree that you should not be someone who quits in life. I also agree that we should do things anyway. I can relate to the poems with my own journey to completing college. Do you think there could be people who quit who succeeded in life because they quit what they were doing in the first place?

2. These are very inspirational poems and teach some important life lessons. If you quit now you won’t know how that path ends. The other poem just shows that you have to do what you gotta do. These poems definitely have an uplifting mood that has stuck out to me as well.