ENG1121, Class Session 5/19/20

Hello, dear students!

We’re almost finished with this, ah, shall we say, daunting semester! Just a few more things to work on before we’re through…

Two things to talk about today: U3 Website/Process Essay and Final Portfolios!

U3 Website & Process Essay
I mentioned in an email on Friday that I’ve evaluated your U3 Website and Process Essay. I’ve put my comments and the grade (100 points possible) in the comment section of your post on the class website.
Overall, I was impressed by how well everyone did on this project–both the websites and the essays were nicely done and showed your devotion to the assignment and willingness to be honest about the process. Well done!!!
A few of you either had issues with the posted website (some of the links just led to a bunch of text) or you didn’t post both the website and the essay in the same post. I have commented on those individually. In order to receive the credit for this project, I need to see both in the same post and be able to view the website as you designed it. If you’re having trouble with this, contact me during office hours and we can talk.
Final Portfolios
Students are sending their Final Portfolios early to me, and while I totally commend them for being early, I’ve had multiple conversations with those who’ve not followed the instructions for naming the files.

Please save the PDF files exactly as I show in the Final Portfolio Assignment document. ONE example: 1_Student Name, Final Reflection

And so on with the other files.

Put YOUR NAME in place of Student Name, but remember the # and the _.

This helps me grade more efficiently, and is something that’ll help your overall grade, because if you do not follow these instructions, I will take 10% off your Final Portfolio grade (which is worth 30% of your class grade).

There are many other details to the Final Portfolio. If you haven’t already please look at this document I’ve prepared and posted on OpenLab.

REMEMBER THE DUE DATE: MAY 21, 2020!

I’ve been generous on deadlines this semester because of the situation we’ve all been through, but this deadline is real, folks, because I have to turn in grades soon after this date. 

If you don’t turn in a Final Portfolio by 11:59 PM on May 21, 2020, you’ll lose 400 points from your overall grade.

If you have questions or concerns, contact me and we can talk during the class office hours (Tuesday and Thursday, 2:30 – 4 PM). I can work in other times, but you’ll have to email me in advance.

Stay safe & well!