Essay #2 and HW for Monday 10/29… *UPDATED*

Essay #2:

• If you did not receive your 2nd draft with corrections at the end of the midterm, you will get it back on Monday.
  • The final version is due on Monday 11/5.
  • General Correction Comment #1: Many of you did NOT use the worksheet I handed out on “Incorporating Sources”– and you need to! Go back, look at it, and figure out how to incorporate it into our essay.
  • General Correction Comment #2: I usually only mark your grammar mistakes in one or two paragraphs, BUT those same mistakes continue throughout your essay (unless I note otherwise).
  • You have three options for how to deal with grammar corrections: (1) Using your notes from class and other resources you may have, identify and fix the issues yourself. (2) Get extra help from a tutor in the Learning Center, located on the ground floor of the Library Building. (3) Come to my office hours, and I will sit and go through the whole essay with you.

HW for Monday 10/29:

• Read “Williamsburg Renaissance,” by Jessica Guerra [Fun fact: this is the same Jessica who now tutors in the Learning Center!]
  • Print and bring a copy of the article to class.
  • Complete HW #12 on this reading.
  • Read Research Project Packet, pages 3, 4, 5, + 7.
  • You do not need to print these pages because I will be giving each of you your own copy of the Research Project Packet on Monday.
  • PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! The Research Project will be our focus for the rest of the semester, and there is a lot for you to learn.  Start yourself out on the right foot, by reading the introductory pages thoroughly.