The whole class has been invited to have lunch in the Janet Lefler Dining Room on Tuesday!
In case you don’t know yet, that is the name of the Hospitality Management Program dining room in Namm where all of you will eventually take class/work.
The lunch is this upcoming Tuesday 12/4, beginning at 11:50am and ending by 1:15pm.
You will be joined by some of the professors in your department (perhaps some whose classes you will be in next semester?) and a few other HMGT students at City Tech.
Your peer mentor, Tingting is in the culinary class and will be helping in the preparation and serving of the meal.
You MUST send me an email today (Thursday) if you are going to attend. email@example.com
I know some of you don’t usually come to school on Tuesdays–neither do I– but this will be worth your time. Plus, it’s a free fancy lunch!
We can discuss this on Monday, but make sure you send me your RSVP email TODAY!
For class Wednesday, you need to…
- Print + Read A Small Place by Jamaica Kincaid (pages 3-19)
- Instead of a regular HW, write a two-paragraph response to the text.
- Be sure to state your thoughts on Kincaid’s view of tourists in Antigua, as well as include specific examples and at least one quote from the text.
- THIS SHOULD NOT BE A SUMMARY!
For those of you asking about how the English verb tenses we went over relate to Spanish verb tenses, here is a chart that breaks it down very nicely.
English-Spanish Verb Tenses
Let me know if you have any questions!
Just a reminder that you have three things to do for class and lab tomorrow…
- Complete HW #11 (Run Ons and Fragments)
- Edit Essay #2, and bring in Draft #2 (2 copies!!)
- Read the Sample Midterm Exam Article (by Applewhite) –print a copy of this article and bring it to class with you!
Just a reminder that Essay #1: Interdisciplinary Dictionary is DUE today!
You need to post your final essay on the Interdisciplinary Dictionary by midnight tonight. (Please do not include your heading in the post.)
If for some reason you do not post by midnight, you still have three days to post your essay with late penalty– the final deadline is midnight on Thursday. Remember that your essay loses a full letter grade for each day it is late.
Just a few reminders…
The following is DUE at the beginning of class on Monday:
The following is DUE at the beginning of lab on Monday:
- Peer or Self Review sheet from last Monday (9/24)
- OPTIONAL: Essay #1, Draft #2 *you will not lose points if you choose not to hand in a second draft*
Other due dates to keep in mind:
- Final version of Essay #1 due (via email) Monday, 10/8
- Essay #1 draft (or drafts) with my comments to be handed in Wednesday 10/10 at the beginning of class
- HW #9 on Subject Verb Agreement will be due on Monday, 10/15
Don’t forget that HW #1 (“Our Stories”) is DUE today (Monday 9/10) by midnight.