Projects 3 – Book Covers

As I mentioned once in an earlier post, Ms. Wolfe has her 3 keys to an abundant business: Ask Powerfully, Give Wholeheartedly, and Receive Graciously. This book cover was intended for her 1st key which is “Ask Powerfully”. This and her future books would be part of her Entrepreneur Accelerator Series. When I was presented with the project I figured it was time to just dive in and get as creative as possible and pump out design after design. This sort of still occurred but I wasn’t aware that she had a previous book created that was also part of the series. This was where the guidelines or shackles as some would call it came into effect. Since it’s a series I couldn’t make the covers to different from the 1st one she made. Ultimately, I ended up using the same font for the title and went for a simple main image like her 1st book cover. I made well over 40+ versions but as you can see I’ve selected 5 with varying changes so I don’t end up covering the entire post with images. We went with a simple silhouette because her 1st book used a simple light bulb and we wanted some consistency. We did try to keep the hand of the silhouette pointing towards asking and also keep their colors similar. the sub text also changed when comparing to earlier versions from those near the end. I may have wanted to do a bit more but ultimately I’m just bringing her vision of a book cover to life. Since she was pleased I consider it a win.