Project Reflection

Overall, the project was able to encapsulate the game’s core mechanics and concept while still maintaining a short
playthrough as a demo in order to not lose the attention span of the player, but still give them enough and a cliff hanger to want to play the full game.

I achieved my goals that I set early on for this project. Adjusting and maintaining the appropriate scope for the project was important as I was advised early on to not try and put together an incomplete game with too many characters and scenes and rather create a sharp, fully fleshed out demo illustrating the project’s core mechanics and overall theme.

I mainly work with 3D in Unity, so learning how to create and properly prepare, modify, import, adjust and animate sprites was a challenge that took a lot of effort but with the project, I was able to achieve a cohesive art style across the board with several items being animated such as the shaking demon door, the book item, the demon’s appearance etc.

Each scene in the game grab inspiration from many horror elements.

Cell Scene: Being trapped/imprisoned (locked in cell)
Hallway/Lobby Scene: Being alone (no other characters existing in this large creepy unknown space)
Demon Tomb Scene: Paranormal entities (the demon)
Sinful Regret: Illustrating Hell to the player and have them think about their choice with the demon door.

Going forward, I would like to revisit this iteration with feedback I get from players and continue on adding much more juice (game feel) such as animations, effects highlighting items, more characters and scenes and building out the story and gameplay!