Progress Report #1

I have began to expand the narrative of the game more in depth by working in Twine. Building off of the original design for the game, I have begun to identify and insert more decisions and choice points for the player to make as well as the resulting consequences and outcomes.

The original version I had designed in Twine got a lot of positive feedback from players in terms of having to collect items and being able to store them in inventory and having those items play a surprising role in the story latter on.

For example, if the player chose to explore the cell in the beginning of the game, the player would be able to find a shiv, a weapon that later on towards the end of the game, comes in handy if the player came across a guard in their attempt to escape Peddocks Asylum.

Working onwards from there, I have started to add in more items and even information the player can obtain that can be useful when the player has to make decisions, shaping the narrative of the game and outcome of the overall story.

Furthermore I have begun to sketch out potential new characters and environments within Peddocks Asylum, such as the secret laboratory and the dreadful evil doctor who lurks there.