ENG2201 Spring 2023

Hello everyone,

My name is Rebecca Shvarts, and I useĀ  she/her pronouns. I was born in theĀ  United States. I have lived in NY Brooklyn all my life. My major is Nursing. The reason I chose nursing isĀ  because, I wanted to become a nurse to learn howĀ  to help patients with injuries and sickness. As well as, to learn and understandĀ  with which medications are helpful, and which ones are not to treat my patients. My grandmother is a doctor and she inspiredĀ  meĀ  on how she is very wise with how to help my family with sickness to become better. She is my role model. Getting into the Nursing MajorĀ  has really been challenging but processing through it. My academic interests in nursing is understandingĀ  how to communicate with the patients about their diagnosis. In addition to, how to properly deal with their medications, and how to treat them with proper care due to the state that they are in. Some of my hobbies are exercising, cooking, swimming, soccer, iceskating, gaming, dancing, driving, photography, traveling with my parents to new exotic exciting places I haven’t explored yet.

Below is a pictureĀ  of my catĀ  modelingĀ  for my photography shoot for a class project. I hadĀ  for my photography class in HighSchool. Ever since he came into my lifeĀ  andĀ  trusted me more. I have used pictures of him to remember by. HowĀ  my cat posed for cute, funny, adorable, serious photos. He hasĀ  trusted my family moreĀ  later in the years. He became one with my family, and we took great care of him and he loves us so much for it. My pictures of him were not just for my class projects , but as reminder to me and my family how great, joyful and wonderful, supportive when when we need him . He is ourĀ  grateful floofĀ  and we love him.

Best regards,

Rebecca Shvarts

1. Argelia Treadwell

Hey Rebecca,

I can tell how passionate you are about nursing. Although I know you mentioned how challenging it has been to get into the nursing major I’m glad you stuck to it. I am not really a cat person but I have to say your cat is super cute.

2. Nim Tse

Hello Rebecca,

It is nice to meet you. Like you, I am also a nursing student and I like that we both have role models that influence why we want to become nurses. It is an important journey as we are facing an older population that are diagnosed with chronic conditions. I am happy for you to have various hobbies and looking forward to your insight in American literature.