My name is Jonathan Chan. I go by he/him pronouns. I currently live in Queens and have lived there basically my whole life. My academic interest is anything technology related and the major I’m attempting to pursue is Computer Engineering Technology. My hobbies include gaming, playing around with the components of my computer, playing around with puzzles, working out, and having fun with my friends. Ever since the 7th grade, school has been a struggle. I started to focus less on school and it got really bad by the end of high school. I started a semester at City Tech back in Fall of 2021, and it wasn’t going too well. I felt I was falling back into the same habits as the previous years. At the time, I was already a Poolee and was on the fence about whether I wanted to go through with this or not. In October of that year, I realized that I wasn’t going to succeed or reach where I wanted to during that semester and my recruiter told me there was an opening to ship to boot camp and I ended up accepting. My hope was to gain some discipline and learn to have passion for what I am doing. I am overall pretty worried about how college will go this time around but I’m hoping for the best and am going to put in the most effort I can this semester and future semesters.

This photo is important to me because it represents what I considered family and friends for the past year. Being across the country in California from the rest of my family for a year was rough, but the people I bonded with during my time there will forever be worth it. To me, this photo will always be a reminder that even with being a very introverted person, if you just open up a little at a time, you can make bonds with people that’ll last a lifetime. When first arriving there, I never would’ve guessed that I would become so close to a group of individuals but I am extremely glad I have.