#apply for internship

After completing my resume and portfolio, I started applying for internships. My target internship position is graphic design and illustration. 

First, I searched for my target internship position on Handshake and Linkedin. COMD Communication Design Internship Coordination Site Since most internship applications have due, so I didn’t focus too much on here. Handshake has more internships than LinkedIn, but most of them start in the summer, and most of the spring internship applications have ended. The internship positions are limited because it is too late to apply for most internships in the spring. I can only try to apply for everything I can.

I searched for internship positions and observed internship times. Sometimes the internship mode is also a problem, remote, in person, and hybrid. Each internship has a different round-trip time, company address, internship mode, internship time, internship content, etc. But now I generally look at the time and address, and I want an internship in spring and in New York.

After finding two internships, I sent them an email on the 28th. I received a reply from TEAOC on March 4, but there was no reply from the other internship. Later, I followed the professor’s advice and continued to look for internship opportunities before I got the offer. A classmate said in class before that although the internship application period has passed, Brooklyn College is still recruiting people. The professor also hopes that students who have not yet found an internship can give it a try. So I found emails from Brooklyn College and NYPIRG on the COMD Communication Design Internship Coordination Site and submitted an internship application to them. We were all lucky enough to get their response the next day, and the interview times were quickly confirmed, both on Thursday and Friday in the same week.