Syllabus

BUF 3300: International Retailing

Key issues affecting international retailing with consideration of the global consumer’s welfare. Provides the student with a comprehensive view of retailing and an application of marketing concepts in a practical retail managerial environment.

Retailing is changing, and the successful business will know how to identify, adapt, and plan with the changes, without moving away from its core competencies.

Project Description

For the Regional Presentation Project, my team had to conduct research for textile and apparel industry of the East Asian country Japan. After the research was done, my team created Finest Corp., a Japan-based internationally retailing business. A website was created that included multiple regional-based products, background information about Japan, as well a cultural facts in relation to the product (Tea) being sold. Along, with the website, a PowerPoint presentation was also created by my team which detailed cultural background, current events related to Japan, and a comparison of Domestic Retailing and International Retailing.

Finest Corp. – International Retailing Website

Finest Corp. – International Retailing Presentation