Ligature Banner

1) First write a brief introduction to this assignment.

2) Next, add photographs of your three thumbnail sketches. Above each photograph, give it a title that tells us which ligature type from the Design a Logo of Letters!Ā reading you used for inspiration.Ā 

3) Under each photograph, write a paragraph about how you came up with this idea. Some example of things to write about: Why did you choose this specific ligature type for your initials? What were some challengesĀ about this design? Why did or didn’t this design work for you in the end?

4) Then, upload a photograph of your final design (a digital drawing).

5) Lastly, write a paragraph under your final design that talks about how you created this final design. Some questions you can write about:Ā Why does this ligature type work best for your initials? How does this ligature allow you to show something unique about yourself as a designer?

6)Ā Upload your ligature banner to your ePortfolio banner and your avatar

See sample Ligature Banner page below:

In this project, I created a ligature out of my initials, to represent my brand as a designer. This ligature will be used for my ePortfolio banner and avatar.

Idea #1: Angled to vertical Ligature

Why did you choose this specific ligature type for your initials? What were some challengesĀ about this design? Why did or didn’t this design work for you in the end?

Idea #2: Disconnect and Attach Ligature

Idea #3: Color the Negative Spaces Ligature

Final Design

Why does this ligature type work best for your initials? How does this ligature allow you to show something unique about yourself as a designer?