4 flying cranes

Dmitrismirnov, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons

My goals include:

Teaching credit courses
It is likely I will teach LIB1201. I also am interested in teaching LIB2205 using the guest lecturer model.

Improve interactivity in online student teaching for English Comp (ENG1101 and 1121)
Although I make extensive use of the chat in Zoom, I’d like to make more use of polls as well as breakout rooms which require planning with the classroom instructor. I used to do reflections at the end of my in-person information literacy workshops and plan to bring this into my online teaching.

Flipped assignments for students
I’ve had great success teaching with these for HMGT3502 and would like to incorporate this technique in other information literacy workshops. Students come much better prepared to learn.

Develop more online learning objects
I will create more videos and other resources for students and faculty, especially related to scholarly communications topics.

Make time for informal observation
I will devote more time to observing teaching from colleagues within my department and my scholarly communications counterparts at other CUNY libraries.

Lecture less
Reduce content (lecture) in all instruction to carve out more time for activities. I applied this to my predatory publishing workshop last spring and it was much more effective.