Academic Examples

Visual Quotation Concept

Our class was assign to choose a quote and come up with three visual concepts that enhances the meaning of the quotation. The quote I chose was by a famous poet, Albert Camus. The quote I chose by this poet was, “Life is the sum of all your choices“. I liked this quote because of its meaning and how it can be interpret in many forms. One way this quote can be interpret is ” the choices you chose to make in life reflects on how you live your life”, for example, someone chooses to live a life full of bad choices they would end up living a life full of consequences. If one chooses to live a life full of right choice, they will end up living a good life.

For the first concept, I created a math problem. I used the “is the sum of”, and turn it into a plus sign. Then, I added the “life + all your = choices”. I use three different colors to make an emphasis on the words Life, Sum, and Choices, since these three words are what make up the quote.

For my second concept, I used the title of the board game Life to create a somewhat playful beginning to the quote. Then, I created a plus sign that will symbolize the sum. Lastly, I created a questions mark that has arrows pointing to every direction this represent the choices one have to make.

For my final concept, I wanted to bring into the quote and illustrations of a person standing and making decision of which choices they should make. While searching I stumble upon an image that had the same idea of what I was thinking.