RAB Proposal Paragraph– Anabel Nunez

My research question is: Should we trust food labeling? This topic interests me because we all eat food to stay alive. Food is what gives our bodies nutrients, keeps us moving and give energy. It is an essential for growth, repair and just the overall maintenance of the body. I already know that false or misleading food labels can cause the death of any consumer depending on the ingredient that was eaten. I know that the FDA has the right to hold back any products from being released if there are any inconsistencies in the labeling. I also know that the FDA doesn’t have an actual definition to what “natural” means in food labels. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are what are the rates of deaths due to incorrect food labeling. I also would like to find out how many companies have been sued because of their food labels. Finding out if well known famous companies have yet to be accused of false labeling.

James Kincheleo. “Weekly Topic:Editorial- Misleading Food Labeling” University of Minnesota Driven to Discover. 2 Aug.2018

https://cahfs.umn.edu/news/weekly-topic-editorial-misleading-food-labeling

3 thoughts on “RAB Proposal Paragraph– Anabel Nunez”

1. Hi Anabel, I find this topic very interesting, because we do all need food to survive, and we know that a lot of the foods around us advertised as healthy may still have unhealthy chemicals in them. I want to know if you’re focusing on major food companies or all foods that we are able to purchase that are through the FDA. Will you also be talking about what to look for on food labeling?

1. Hey Anabel, I think this research question is really interesting since most stuff we consume have a lot of unknown chemicals that we are not aware of. Many people in America get sick because of the food they are consuming. I also find it interesting that the FDA doesn’t have a solid definition to what “natural” is, since there’s a whole bunch of products out right now claiming to be natural.

2. You write: This topic interests me because we all eat food to stay alive. Food is what gives our bodies nutrients, keeps us moving and give energy. It is an essential for growth, repair and just the overall maintenance of the body. You need to give PERSONAL reasons why you chose this topic. This sounds like text book!

You writeL I already know that false or misleading food labels can cause the death of any consumer depending on the ingredient that was eaten. I know that the FDA has the right to hold back any products from being released if there are any inconsistencies in the labeling. I also know that the FDA doesn’t have an actual definition to what “natural” means in food labels.  You really knew this before you started?? really?

Please make sure your sentences about what you already know really reflects your own knwledge and NOT RESEARCH. Read the assignment CAREFULLY — the Proposal is written before and should not have research-speak. SAVE the research findings for the Source Entry writings.

This doesn’t sound like a proposal — it sounds like research and facts you have read somewhere.